Element has an opportunity for a Customer Service Representative (CSR), primarily responsible for handling straightforward price and requests for quotes (RFQ's) from our customers via email or over the phone and following up on pending or issued quotations.
The Customer Service Representative may also be involved in identifying new sales opportunities through proactive questioning to ensure maximum share of customers' testing business. The ideal candidate will be customer focused, action oriented, approachable and patience.
- Primarily involved in the access and persuasion steps of the sales process; including qualifying, relationship building, needs evaluation, solution development / presentation and closing
- Proactively engage with customers using phone, email, web conferencing
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers, acting as a liaison between the customers and Element Material Technology
- Manage relationships with customers
- Focus on straightforward quotation enquiries for standard products & services
- Gain pricing and lead time from standard price lists
- Work with departments to resolve complaints
- Process sales invoices, quoting and provide status report to clients
- When applicable handle requests for information (e.g. shipping / delivery dates)
- Actively utilise Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to record activities, ensuring contact details are accurate, duplicates are removed, new information is added and accurate call / visit logs are entered
- Achieve sales goals by converting and penetrating accounts
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of Element Material Technology service offerings; participate in training / coaching opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all Element Materials Technology policies including but not limited to Terms and Conditions, trade compliance, treatment of others, moral code of conduct, and employee handbook
- Ensure adherence to all applicable laws pertaining to safety, environment and corporate governance
Skills / Qualifications
- 3 years of customer service experience with quoting experience strongly preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer quotes / contracts, marketing materials, and customer testing specifications
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and proportions and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical customer problems
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, data and details furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- A valid driver’s license, with an acceptable driving record under Element’s policy
- Experience in interpreting testing procedures and requirements desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Dynamics AX and CRM, Word, Excel)
- Ability to remain calm when faced with mounting pressure related to deadlines and multiple priorities
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills to meet a variety of communication needs with strong interpersonal skills that foster open upward and downward communication built on mutual respect
- Ability to interface with clients, win new work and determine their requirements; helps develops proposals including cost estimates, work plan and terms and conditions
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.