The CSI Companies is currently seeking an experienced Customer Service Representative for a long-term contract position with one of our well-known clients in Houston, Texas. This candidate will have strong communication skills and years of medical office experience.
This position pays a competitive hourly rate based on experience.
This position has full time hours M-F, 8:00am-5:00pm
1. Prepares weekly reports including documentation for management regarding the status of Data Rap appointments and general patient information.
2. Oversees the membership report and ensure that information provided by the information technology department is updated on a bi-weekly basis to reflect all current patient data.
3. Coordinates initial patient contact and ensures patient eligibility to clinic and verifies that the appropriate primary care physician is listed prior to setting up appointments.
4. Prepares and mails out new patient packets to include welcome letter, magnets, bios, and appointment confirmation dates.
5. Initiates Comfort Care appointments for patients as needed and trouble shoots problems that may arise between Comfort Care and the patient.
6. Completes a monthly membership report to review new members and to check for patients that are not reachable.
7. Coordinates with PHC customer service for patients that are not reachable as well as involving management to take next steps to follow-up with the patient.
8. Validates patients’ attestation sheets and conducts research to determine if and when a patient may need a follow-up visit.
9. Coordinates with the physicians and ensures a timely submission of the attestation sheets to the Data Rap department.
10. Reviews and tracks the Data Rap process to ensure patients are scheduled in a timely manner and or re-schedule as needed.
11. Provides customer service to patients in person and via phone. Greets patients as they arrive and ensures appropriate paperwork and accompanying documentation is completed and collected for patient file and billing.
12. Inputs and/or updates patient demographic information in RIS and advises on the collection of patient payment.
13. Schedule routine and follow-up appointments. Reviews all incoming faxes and routes to the appropriate area of the clinic
Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Three or more years of experience working in a medical office.
3. Proficient in PC software computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other departmental specific programs/applications
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
1. Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
2. planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating and interpersonal skills
3. Independent problem identification/resolution and decision-making skills
4. Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks, demands simultaneously
5. Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
6. Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
Our client is seeking candidates that can interview and get started immediately. All candidates must complete and pass a Background check, drug screening, and other health screenings if required.
Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.
If you have experience in customer service and looking to further your career in a medical office, APPLY NOW!