Our client is seeking a self-motivated, proactive individual to join their team! This is a great culture, with room to learn and grow for entry-level candidates. They are seeking responsible individuals with a year of office / customer service experience. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required. This position is located in 77084 and paying $13/hour to start. It is usually great for candidates who live close.
REPORTS TO: BILLING SUPERVISOR
This is a professional who works under minimum supervision; Responsible for greeting customers and responding to the needs of the customer in a fast-paced service oriented environment; Performs general and varied assignments, refers non-routine matters to Supervisor. Tasks include: Accepting payments from Customers, Post Payments to Customer Accounts, Answering Customer Service Calls and Assisting Customers with Account.
1. Data enter Meter Books
2. Answering phones and transferring calls to appropriate department (Billing questions, New Service information, Re-read requests)
3. Assist customers with payments and answering Billing Questions
4. Prepares Daily Deposits / Batches (batching and entering payments)
5. Processing Bill Payments for Customers
6. Create Red Tags
7. Create White Tags / Vacant w/ Usage
8. Create and print work orders
9. Create refund letters
10. Sorting Payments
11. Mailing Monthly Bills
12. Final / Connect Service Cards
13. Prepare and mail Delinquent / Certified Notices 14. Delinquent List Reports 15. Stuffing water bills with monthly newsletters or notices 16. Supplies for mailing out Regular & Certified Letters 17. Assisting with New Service Desk for lunch and as needed 18. Filing 19. All other duties as assigned or required
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.