You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH RYDER !
Be a vital player for one of the largest and most recognizable names in
Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
This position will require a work schedule that would be Monday -Friday, 6PM-3AM daily.
The Customer Logistics Supervisor will monitor our customer transportation requests on the overnight shift by phone and email. They will build transportation requests in the automated system and secure carrier capacity. This individual will also track and trace transportation requests to ensure on time delivery, provide notification of issues in a timely manner and pass down accurate status of customer transportation requests to oncoming shifts.
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to offer:
- Comprehensive training and the ability to continue your professional development
- Regional and local Ryder resources to help guide and support as we grow this offering.
- The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 85 years with over 36,000 employees worldwide.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer’s expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and a burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align with our core values: Trust, Innovation, Expertise, Collaboration and Safety. The ability to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine is crucial.
In addition, YOU are the management and professional representative of the Ryder organization.
If your work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY NOW!!
- Supervise, coordinate and oversee day to day logistics operations;
- Plan and review, in collaboration with the Logistics Manager, all logistics processes, ensuring that they meet the company standards and customer service specifications
- Establish work schedules and procedures and coordinate activities of the workers to ensure optimal shift/team logistics
- Accountable for site Key Performance Indication (KPI)
- Working in collaboration with customer in all aspect of operations
- Meet regularly with team members collectively, as well as on an individual basis to monitor progress towards meeting objectives, track performance, coach and counsel as well as recognizing team and individual successes
- Cultivate team spirit with a Diversity and Inclusion initiative and promote cooperation by seeking opportunities to improve internal processes
- Carry out performance evaluations of the team members and recommend performance awards and/or merit increases when appropriate
- Address performance problems through corrective action and disciplinary process
- Understand labor agreement and maintain positive labor relations with all employees
- Responsible for implementation of health & safety and security initiatives, practices and behaviors and adherence to company rules and policies
- Provide appropriate orientation for employees and Lead Hands and give them the information, technology and any material necessary to perform their jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Strong planning skills
- Results oriented
- Effective leadership skills
- Motivating skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Diverse team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- College degree/Technical Certification required in Business, Logistics, Transportation or a related field. Combination of other education and experiences will be considered
- Three (3) years or more supervisory experience in a warehouse environment or in Transportation required
- Three (3) years or more experience in monitoring, evaluating and rewarding employee performance required
- Three (3) years or more experience in performance management taking into account progressive discipline required
- Three (3) years or more experience preparing and conducting meetings (H&S and Employee committee) required
- Three (3) years or more experience investigating and reporting workplace accidents and incidents required
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.