Our mission is simple, we are changing the way people buy cars . We are the first 100% online car-buying experience, which means we have no sales team and no commission-based positions within our company. We are disrupting the auto industry by removing the painful process of the dealership experience and replacing it with a seamless and convenient online platform.
About the team and position
Our Verifications Advocates play a big role in mitigating risk and safeguarding customer information. Auto loans can be confusing and complicated - our verification team helps simplify the process and ensures our customers are set up for success in their loan. This is a phone-based, customer-facing role where you will be responsible for educating customers on the underwriting process and reviewing account documents to assess risk. Verification Advocates describe themselves as detail-oriented, personable, and tenacious problem solvers!
Carvana is fast-paced, dynamic, and ever-changing. This is a full-time, hourly position. Our work hours will flex up during busy months (Tax Season/Black Friday) and flex down certain times of year due to seasonality. There will be many opportunities for overtime as our demand goes up. Zagging Forward is our jam and we ask a lot from our team when it comes to flexibility!
Working Virtually at Carvana
We have taken steps to support the health and well-being of current and potential employees. Our interview process is hosted virtually and our training programs are now delivered online. This role is temporarily remote/home-based, with the intention of returning to our Tempe corporate office in the future.
While we are working from home, employees must be comfortable with our 'camera-on' culture in interacting with peers and leaders. Customer interactions are over the phone.
**Must live within the Phoenix, Arizona metropolitan area**
What you need to be successful in this temporarily remote/work from home role
- Quiet work environment with minimal interruptions/distractions
- High speed, hard wired Ethernet/broadband internet connection
- You must have a cell phone with camera capabilities
- Ability to navigate Windows-based and web browser applications
- A monthly reimbursement will be provided for phone/internet expenses
- Computer and equipment will be provided
What you’ll be doing
- Be the voice of Carvana - You will interact on the phone, receiving inbound calls coming from the customer, and also making outbound calls to the customer guiding them through the purchase process, reviewing and approving their documents, and answering questions they may have
- Review account documents to assess risk and help identify trends.
- Ensure compliance with underwriting policies and be familiar with constant changes in policy and procedures.
- Possess strong decision quality skills and ability to grasp key points from detailed phone calls and reports.
- Utilize the proprietary software tools, as well as external tools such as consumer credit bureaus and other internet sources, to assist in the decision making process.
- Empathize. Understand that every customer’s situation is unique. Ensuring they are comfortable when making the second biggest purchase of their lives online and sight-unseen is of the utmost importance.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- HS Diploma/GED equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and 1+ year of customer service experience
- In lieu of Bachelor's degree, 3+ years customer service experience required
- Previous retail, restaurant, or hospitality experience preferred
- Strong learning agility; the ability and willingness to learn new things and then apply that learning to perform successfully in the role
- Have a sense of humor. Kinda serious about this one…
- Display critical thinking and ability to make appropriate judgment calls where needed
- Have a passion for the work we do and the impact we are making within our industry
- Have a heightened attention to detail, being able to anticipate the customer’s needs
- You are tech-savvy. You can navigate multiple systems, learn new tools, and effectively troubleshoot.
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive by building a team with unique perspectives. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
It would be great if you also had
- Empathy: You care that a customer's experience is one worthy of your own loved ones. You genuinely match your approach and response based on seeking to understand each customer. You put yourself in the customer's shoes and you take action to help.
- Passion: You are the voice and champion of the Carvana experience and products we offer. You breed enthusiasm among your customers and peers. You always do the right thing!
- Commitment: You build trust with each customer by providing transparency to a traditionally murky process. You’re eager to see the customer experience all the way through, persevering through roadblocks and following through on your commitments to the customer.
- Anticipation: You have foresight; you know where the customer needs to go next, even before they do. You listen for context clues and identify what the customer may not know in order to lead them to the most effective next step, resolution or outcome.
- Clarity: You are knowledgeable and accurate; skilled at translating the Carvana experience and complex ideas into relatable information for the customer. You use resources wisely and stay up to date on changes to policies and procedures.
- Every Customer Matters: You show up, you're focused, and you act with a sense of urgency & purpose in each interaction.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time hourly position offered at $18 per hour
- $75 monthly reimbursement for cell phone/internet
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Vacation accrual and a paid day off for your birthday
- A multitude of perks including student loan payment program, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy, both physically and mentally
- Access to growth and development opportunities to expand your skillset
- A seat at one of the fastest-growing companies in the country, disrupting a trillion dollar industry
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.