Ref ID: 04130-0012380575
Compensation: $22.96 to $26.59 hourly
The ideal candidate for this Paralegal position possesses the ability to think critically while providing research and administrative support. Robert Half has an immediate position as a Paralegal for candidates with a passion for the legal field. Located in Houston, Texas, this work opportunity is a long-term contract / temporary to hire job opportunity. This position is for motivated candidates who exercise focus, good computer skills, and organizational qualities.
- Assist attorney with a variety of case tasks
- Data base management of all relevant documents
- Thorough investigation and analysis of complex legal documents
- Meets with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Drafts legal documents including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories; files motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written memos to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.