This is a Counsel/Senior Counsel position, based in Houston, in Americas E&P Litigation, which provides litigation management services to all of the Americas Upstream companies and a variety of corporate business units. The attorneys in this group have expertise in litigation, arbitration and manage a wide variety of matters, including oil and gas, government and internal investigations, employment, commercial, environmental, personal injury, and intellectual property. The attorneys work closely with law management, business clients and outside counsel. The position reports to Chevron Americas E&P Managing Counsel- Litigation (Houston).
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
* Manage a wide variety of complex lawsuits, arbitrations and investigations. Effective and succinct written communications to business clients with case updates.
* Facilitate innovative resolutions to disputes, utilizing ADR when appropriate.
* Direct and participate in incident and internal investigations.
* Provide independent case evaluations.
* Effectively partner with and manage outside counsel.
* Establish and manage outside counsel budget and control costs.
* Coordinate discovery, including interviews, depositions, interrogatories and document production and maximize effective use of available in-house resources and technology.
* Provide pre- litigation advice on legal and regulatory issues.
* Travel required - both domestic and international as needed.
* Juris Doctor required, and Membership in Texas State Bar, or compliance with Texas Bar's requirements for in-house practitioners in Texas.
* 6 or more years of domestic litigation experience, with primary responsibility for significant matters.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate complex disputes and issues.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Highly motivated self-starter capable of working in a team environment and partnering with clients, other in-house counsel, outside counsel and staff.
* Ability to effectively manage a high volume of complex and diverse claims.
* Exceptional knowledge of law pertaining to electronic discovery issues.
* Federal court clerkship.
* Oil and gas industry experience.
* First or second chair trial experience.
* Significant litigation experience in one or more of the following practice areas:
a) oil and gas (including royalty)
c) complex commercial
d) class actions
e) environmental / toxic tort litigation
* Experience with incident and internal investigations
* Fluent in Spanish
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.