Growing / Start Up manufacturing company located in Houston Texas County has an excellent opportunity for a hands on Cost Controller / Accounting Manager. The perfect candidate will be a highly motivated hands-on self-starter with 5+ years of experience in a cost accounting / manufacturing environment. This position will be heavily involved in overseeing all cost accounting and inventory, production reporting, improvements for operational performance, budgeting and forecasting, work in process, cost of goods sold, and providing monthly financial reporting. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in the Manufacturing industry with expertise in inventory management and cost accounting.
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to make efficient and effective firm-wide operation possible
- Perform cost accounting duties including job costing & analysis.
- Review jobs for accuracy ensuring that all costs have been accounted for on jobs as well as ensuring timely closing
- Drive efficiencies and support operations
- Variance analysis and reporting
- Inventory management
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
- Develop controls to help ensure accuracy of Inventory and WIP
- Optimize P& L performance and improvement initiatives
- Evaluate, apply and refine policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience within a Manufacturing company
- Cost accounting experience
- Inventory management experience and knowledge
- Someone comfortable being hands on
This is a growing, startup environment that values the ability to multi-task and a results-oriented approach. If you have the entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrate self-confidence, this is the job for you. Compensation for this position can reach up to $95k + a bonus for the ideal individual. Do not let this unique opportunity pass by. If you are interested in learning more about this role, e-mail your resume directly to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] Our client is only looking at people who live within daily commuting distance to the Houston area.