This position will have a diverse set of responsibilities and will assist attorneys and the firm clients with corporate-related tasks outlined below:
Duties & Responsibilities
• Draft and prepare documents relating to formation of corporations, resolution of amendments, mergers, conversions and dissolutions
• Assist with various types of transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital investments, securities and public company deals
• Draft and prepare documents associated with Board of Directors / Officers & Directors dealings; securities filings; registration of companies with SEC; annual meeting consents and minutes
• Maintain, organize and calendar ongoing filings and fees associated with corporations, LLC's and other business entities
• Draft and prepare entity resolutions, bylaws, and stock records
• Manage and organize documents for closings and post-closing matters
• Responsible for filing of EIN numbers
• Obtain Apostilles, Legalizations and Foreign Consents
• Assist attorneys with business and loan transactions
• Conduct online corporate database search and management of database
• Order corporate documents as needed
• Interact with clients as needed to assist with ongoing corporate filing needs
• Invoice management, including coding for firm's internal billing systems
• Input and maintain own timekeeper data
• Organize and manage document room and contents
• Research corporate entities, including UCC searches and filings
• Research laws of different states in which investors reside
• Act as a liaison with various internal departments as well as with outside agencies
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 3+ years of paralegal experience in a similar position/practice group
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2016
• Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, as well as the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, management and support staff
• Ability to accurately document and file information
• Skill in researching legal issues; reading and comprehending complex materials involving legal and technical matters.
Supervisory Responsibility - This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment - This position is normally 5 days in a professional office environment. The successful candidate will be requested to follow the Houston Office Return to Work guidelines which currently is working 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely, work and schedule permitting.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours - This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with a daily one hour meal break.