Local Unit & Position Description
Are you a go-getter, keen on joining one of the world's leading enablers of the energy transition and a frontrunner in digital solutions? Are you a team player interested in cross-disciplinary teamwork in a truly international organization? If yes, please continue reading as we may have the right opportunity for you!
We are looking for a paralegal to join the DNV Group Legal Region Americas team (GLA). GLA is responsible for providing high quality legal services and advice to the DNV organization in the Americas. We are a business-oriented group of professionals, with a primary focus of adding value and acting as business enablers to DNV's business areas Maritime, Energy Systems, Business Assurance, Supply Chain & Product Assurance, Digital Solutions, Accelerator and shared services functions, for all operations in North, Central and South America, and the Caribbean. You will report to the Head of GLA, working primarily with the GLA team in Houston and Mexico City, but with regular opportunities to work closely with the global DNV legal team.
This position will be based out of our Katy, TX office with flexible work arrangement (home/office) available.
What You'll Do
- Assist Group Legal with general legal and administrative functions
- Manage subpoena requests, including drafting litigation hold notices, gathering, reviewing and redacting documents, coordinating document production and coordinating witnesses for deposition
- Review deposition transcripts and coordinate witness errata sheets
- Schedule and arrange meetings (physical and virtual), conferences, and seminars, including coordinating with attendees, managing event details, and preparing materials.
- Proactively review, update and manage Group Legal's web-based information hub, including the chatbot tool
- Assist with corporate governance matters
- Draft, review and follow up on correspondence, legal documents, etc.
- Prepare presentation materials
- Create and organize file matters for Group Legal's shared filing system
- Collect and analyze information; follow up on delegated assignments; know when to act and when to refer matters to an attorney
- Conduct legal research on foreign legal systems
- Assist in the preparation of administrative reports; expense statements, timesheets and other personnel records
- Other duties as assigned
- Limited international travel may be required (1-2 times per year)
What is Required
- Certification in paralegal studies from an ABA-approved program, or an associate degree in paralegal studies
- Minimum 3 years' relevant experience
- Experience managing document productions
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments
- Ability to maintain client confidence by preserving confidentiality of client and attorney information
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite and web-based collaborative platforms (e.g., Sharepoint, MS Teams, iManage, etc.)
- Office administration experience
- Professional proficiency in English, both written and oral. Additional languages, in particular Spanish or Portuguese, are considered an advantage
- Ability to work positively within a team environment
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day. Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
Whether assessing a new ship design, optimizing the performance of a wind farm, analyzing sensor data from a gas pipeline or certifying a food company's supply chain, we enable our customers and their stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence.
Our employees are driven by a common purpose: to safeguard life, property, and the environment. We help tackle the challenges and global transformations facing our customers and the world today and we are a trusted voice for many of the world's most successful and forward-thinking companies.