Phillips 66 & YOU - Together we can fuel the future
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities. We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor and commitment. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66 was recognized by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Employers” in 2019.
Phillips 66 Company is looking for a Corporate Legal Specialist to join our in-house team. This role uses specialized legal knowledge of laws and regulations to ensure Phillips 66 Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates meet their legal obligations to conduct business.
Responsibilities May Include
- Managing and controlling the lifecycle for Phillips 66 Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates including formation, mergers, name changes and dissolutions.
- Maintaining and controlling all forms of corporate records, including minute books and corporate database system.
- Performing duties as required under statutes to maintain corporate structures (annual meetings, registered offices, etc.).
- Independently preparing and circulating for signature consents documenting board actions including meeting minutes, resolutions, and powers of attorney.
- Attending and taking minutes at subsidiary board meetings.
- Researching, drafting and issuing secretary’s certificates.
- Interpreting bylaws, partnership or LLC agreement provisions.
- Preparing board book materials utilizing an electronic board portal application.
- Providing transactional support for acquisitions, dispositions, financings, and equity and debt offerings.
- Preparing Section 16 documentation under the direction of the SEC attorney.
- Legally authorized to work in job posting country
- High School diploma or GED
- 7 or more years of experience in corporate and subsidiary governance matters
- Technical knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate
- Experience with corporate subsidiary systems, databases and board book applications (i.e., Diligent, Board Vantage, GEMS, EnGlobe, etc.) or technology support
- Excellent judgment, discretion, respect and integrity
- Ability to manage and prioritize assignments which may be broad in scope and complexity that involve collaborative work with employees and management in different departments
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, well under pressure, meet deadlines and function independently without extensive supervision
- Ability to learn quickly and apply company policies and procedures
- High level analytical skills with the ability to clearly articulate alternatives and recommend a proposed solution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of September 14, 2020 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 53139
Location: Texas - Houston
Job Field: Legal
Division : Legal & General Counsel
Technical Req : No