Company is searching for a Unit Controller who will oversee all finance and accounting functions for a Healthcare client in Houston, TX Reporting to the Regional Finance Director, the Finance Unit Controller plans, administers and directs all unit activities related to finance and accounting, including Company Healthcare and client financial accountability. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monthly financial reporting which includes monthly projections, Weekly Operating Report (WOR), and managing the month-end close process.
- Tracking annual budget performance for the system and working with operations team on identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Compile and review monthly financial and statistical data to perform analysis of operating metrics compared to industry benchmarks to identify and correct operational inefficiencies.
- Developing and documenting key accounting policies and ensuring compliance with the key controls over financial reporting and working capital management.
- Work with operations team to develop the annual Company budget as well as the annual client system budget for each managed department.
- Monitor all client billing and ensure timely collections of accounts receivable
- Partner with district leadership team in developing strategic initiatives and ensuring annual business targets are met.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all Company and client financial leaders to resolve all financial issues and build strong working partnerships.
- Facilitate ongoing financial trainings for operations managers to develop financial acumen and driver further employee engagement.
- Assisting the Regional Finance Director with region-wide financial cadence of (including projects and initiatives).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field required.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. The ability to plan, direct, and organize accurate and timely reporting and forecasting of financial information. Ability to prepare and analyze balance sheets and income statements as well as investigate variances to plan and projections.
- Successful candidates must be able to compile monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operating information and ensure the accuracy and integrity of all financial reports and internal control requirements.
- Responsible for working with front line manager to develop knowledge and accountability for department financial information.
- Responsible for responding effectively to changing demands.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Financial experience in Hospitality - Food Industry preferred.