LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will play a critical role in ensuring that our contracts and procedures are accurate and consistent with the corporate policies. In this role, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely review, approval, and maintenance of logistics contracts and Supply Chain procedures. You will also be responsible for obtaining approvals and maintaining the documents consistent with the corporate guidelines.
This position is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Review contracts and/or other documentation from our vendors and identify and communicate questions and objections to vendors for prompt resolution of contract issues.
- Put together confirmation response letters for review by legal.
- Interface with legal to develop objections to contracts and resolution of disputed contract terms with suppliers and customers.
- Facilitate the development of master general terms and conditions with vendors and customers that the company regularly buys logistics services from.
- Update contract tracking systems.
- Scan and file all documentation and correspondence consistent with corporate policies
- Facilitate the review, update, and document retention of Supply Chain Americas procedures.
- 3+ years of contract administration experience or other relevant experience is required
- The candidate should possess strong teamwork, initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Advanced PC skills, including SAP and Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, etc).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and peers.
- A Bachelor's degree and/or Paralegal Certification is desired.
- Attention to detail, with contract administration experience in Supply Chain, related field or petrochemical industry is highly desirable.
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston