JT4 is hiring a Computer Scientist IV for their Edwards Air Force Base location in Lancaster, CA.
The Computer Scientist will have a strong grasp and usage of C, understanding of C++ and C#, and familiar with Qt. Worked on Integrated Development Environments such as Visual Studio 2015 or newer. Programming concepts as follows; write client/server network applications using sockets, write threaded capable applications, memory management in applications, interface with OSS (Windows/Linux) features for programming file manipulation (open/read/write), graphical user interface (Windows/Qt), collection types with arrays/lists/maps, OpenGL graphics programming in a Windows environment. GIT knowledge. Familiar with Excel Macro development.
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Provides software and systems engineering services, generally as a senior member of a work unit or group
- Manages software/system projects, and provides guidance to the technical staff.
- Interacts with customers and project managers on a regular basis.
- Uses broad judgment in defining and solving technical or managerial issues of the highest complexity or of far reaching significance.
- Captures and manages customer requirements at a system level, develops and analyzes the most appropriate approach to solve complex technical problems.
- Functions as the System Architect overseeing the overall design and configuration management of systems.
- Develops the design of the system/software and the associated design documentation. Prepares and conducts design reviews.
- Implements the design through software coding or hardware and documents the implementation appropriately.
- Plans and executes unit, integration, and systems testing.
- Manages the maintenance and sustainment activities of the system/software.
- May provide work direction to lower level technical staff.
- Establishes and maintains positive customer relations.
- Supports pursuit of new business efforts, leads proposal efforts, and acts as a technical consultant.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.