JT4 is hiring a Computer Scientist III for their Edwards Air Force Base location in Lancaster, CA .
The Computer Scientist will have a strong grasp and usage of C, C++, and C#. Strong Linux background and knowledge base for programming. Background knowledge of IRIG 106 Ch.7 and Ch.10 Telemetry. Programming concepts as follows; write client/server network applications using sockets, write threaded capable applications, memory management in applications, interface with OSS (Windows/Linux) features for programming file manipulation (open/read/write). GIT or GITLAB knowledge.
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Advises team and project managers on technical problems.
- Interacts with customers and project managers on a regular basis.
- Works independently of direct supervision on projects of high complexity.
- Uses judgment and initiative in developing complex analytical and computational technologies and methodologies for solving problems, which may be technically unique to the industry.
- Interprets customer requirements, develops, and analyzes the most appropriate approach to solve technical problems.
- Develops the design of the system/software and the associated design documentation. Prepares and conducts design reviews.
- Implements the design through software coding or hardware and documents the implementation appropriately.
- Plans and executes unit, integration, and systems testing.
- Participates in the maintenance and sustainment activities of the system/software.
- May provide work direction or other guidance to lower-level technical staff.
- Establishes and maintains positive customer relations.
- May support pursuit of new business efforts, lead proposal efforts, and act as a technical consultant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.