Assist with the salary administration program, pay programs and performance appraisals. Analyzes, evaluates, updates job classifications and descriptions. Assist with SAP HCM, Success Factors, Compensation Survey Programs and updates. Participate in published compensation surveys and responds to general salary issues. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Conducts job analysis, compiles market data, and analyzes benchmark pricing data and assigns salary grade.
- Assists with in house programs; SAP HCM/OM functionality, Time Administration approval authorizations, Success Factors Recruiting and Onboarding and Performance Management, METRO Works Management Self Service (MSS), Drug Pak program and Compensation Survey program data updates.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions for nonunion and union classification.
- Participates and responds to local, national and transit surveys.
- Prepares salary offers, ensures equitability of salary offers and assists with special pay programs; Merit/COLA, Labor Rates, Compression, etc. and processes in compliance with the salary administration program.
- Reviews pay issues, authorization time issues, etc. research and resolves issues in partnership with Compensation team, IT, Payroll, HRIS.
- Interprets compensation guidelines and processes, assists with compliance with applicable wage and hour laws, federal and state laws applicable to METRO’s compensation guidelines.
- Generates various reports; SAP reports/metrics, performance appraisal summaries, salary histories, nonunion progression, etc.
- Process and approve employee change forms. Resolve ECF processing issues.
- Assist with administering performance appraisal process and with training of employees; management and non-management.
- Acts as Human Resources Partner to assigned METRO Departments and Divisions.
- Participates with special Human Resources projects.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field preferred.
Years & Experience Required
Three (3) years professional Human Resources experience with job description analysis, salary offers, pay programs and HR information systems. SAP HCM and Success Factor information systems preferred.
Knowledge & Skills Required
General knowledge of human resource principles/practices, HR compliance (DOL, FLSA, Sherman Antitrust) and compensation concepts, practices and procedures. Excellent communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving and analytical skills. Technology skills include HRIS, SAP, Success Factors. Proficient with PC and related software; Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft Word and Excel. Coursework in the World at Work Compensation Certification Program preferred and/or HR certifications; Compensation Certification Professional (CCP) and Certified HR Professional designations; PHR or SHRM-CP.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.