At Murphy Oil Corporation, we believe the rich experiences and backgrounds of our employees strengthen our Company, create a productive workforce, and drive our success. We encourage you to apply for the positions for which you meet the qualifications.
The Compensation Advisor will participate in the design, development, and communication of compensation programs for the global business, including both short- and long-term incentive programs, as well as Board and governance reporting. They will report to the Director, Talent Development.
The Compensation Advisor is a hands-on strategic thinker that can connect and integrate compensation programs across the organization. Proactively partnering with the business, this person should be comfortable working at all levels in the Company and be confident, articulate, and able to challenge leaders with detailed analysis and innovative solutions. The successful candidate will also have an HR mindset and will be able to function in alignment with the overall HR organization.
The Compensation Advisor will work in our Houston Corporate office and may work two (2) days a week remote.
- Oversee global compensation program
- Develop and administer a new long-term incentive program, including reporting and governance
- Make recommendations to the business on changes to the short-term incentive program to align with current market conditions
- Provide ongoing consultation and subject-matter expertise to HR Business Partners, including compensation-related policies, programs, practices and administration
- Participate in domestic and global market surveys, including analysis, reporting and program recommendations
- Participate in the company-wide annual compensation review including the development of the compensation review planning calendar, training material
- Liaising with HRIS on technical issues, providing troubleshooting support and advice to HR Business Partners throughout the planning cycle, testing planned system/ tool enhancements and identifying system/ process improvements for future years
- Represent Murphy at industry peer groups and continually monitor external competitive practices, policy changes, and benchmarks through independent research and networking with peers
- Lead specific compensation projects and initiatives as required. These will vary in size, scope and duration and may be individual or team based
- Utilize systems and other sources of information to extract, analyze and report on internal compensation trends, as well as pursue opportunities for system/process improvements; and,
- Develop communication materials to enhance the awareness and understanding of compensation initiatives with HR Business Partners and line leaders.
- Analyze compensation data and evaluate job positions to determine appropriate classification and salary
- Keep apprised of (federal, state, and local) compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance
- Review and advise on promotion and salary increase requests
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business, Human Resources, or another related field
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in HR with minimum 6 years’ experience in direct compensation
- Background in interpretation and statistical analysis of data
- Highly skilled with Excel (e.g., working knowledge: VLOOKUP’s, nested functions, pivot tables charts/ graphs, etc.) and other MS Office programs and adept at data clean up
- Experience with benchmarking, compensation cycles, job codes and classifications
- Experience with salary survey participation including data audits, validation, benchmarking and recommending additional compensation data sources
- Familiar with ESG reporting to investors.
- Experience with SuccessFactors and SAP would be considered an asset
- Most likely a background in the oil and gas sector or similar
We believe in providing energy that empowers people.
We challenge the norm, tap into our strong legacy and use our foresight and financial discipline to deliver inspired energy solutions.
We see a future where we are an industry leader who is positively impacting lives for the next 100 years and beyond.
VALUES & BEHAVIORS
Do Right Always
- Respect people, safety, environment and the law
- Follow through on commitments
- Make it better
Think Beyond Possible
- Offer solution
- Step up and lead
- Don’t settle for “good enough”
- Embrace new opportunities
Stay With It
- Show resilience
- Lean into challenges
- Support each other
- Consider the implications
Murphy Oil Corporation participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program. Please read the E-Verify Notice-English / E-Verify Notice-Spanish and Right to Work Notice before proceeding with your job application.
For additional information, you may also visit the USCIS website.
Murphy Oil Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.