Commercial Real Estate Relationship Manager - Houston, TX
Loan generation and deposit gathering are your priority, along with cross-selling any other Bank Services your clients need. The relationship manager serves as the account and transaction quarterback from sourcing the relationship to closing of the transaction.
• Responsible for loan production, deposit gathering, and other cross-sell goals.
• Expert at engaging with customers regularly to identify their financial needs and offer the relevant banking products that meet them.
• Generates and develops new business relationships through networking, cultivating referral sources and COIs.
• Maintains, nurtures and deepens existing client relationships
• Expert understanding of credit underwriting fundamentals as it relates to RE secured credits of all types (i.e. Land Acquisition, Construction, Transitional/Bridge, and Permanent Financing).
• Maintains a strong presence with the local community through active involvement and leadership roles in various professional organizations and events.
• Manages cross-company partnerships and alliances designed to acquire and drive business opportunities.
• Responsible for structuring and negotiating complex CRE loan term sheets and loan documents in partnership with counsel.
• Maintains and ensures high quality loan portfolio though the support of underwriting and portfolio management team by monitoring loan policy exceptions, ongoing review of credits, loan covenant compliance, and site inspections. Must have the ability to effect desired results when dealing with the different areas and departments of the Bank.
• Makes regular presentations to Loan Committee and other Senior Managers. As such must have demonstrated ability in high level effective communication and presentation skills
• Review the contents of appraisals, appraisal review, cost analysis and environmental reports to ensure compliance with approved terms, as well as Bank's policy and regulatory requirements.
• Excellent understanding of complex SWAPs and other Hedging instruments
• Capital market perspective and proven ability to sell loan participations and syndicated loans.
• Identify credit risks associated with a transaction, recommend and follow-up with a plan of action to improve/resolve identified problems and avoid potential losses to the Bank.
• Ensure preventive measures are carried out to fully comply with current rules, regulations and internal policies relating to risks pertaining to BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other AML related issues
• Identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to the Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree. MBA or MS in CRE Investment/Finance preferred.
*** Applicant must be NMLS registered and provide the company with NMLS number or be willing to register in NMLS prior to employment being offered. Additionally, FBI Criminal Background and credit check must be successfully passed.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum 3 years previous experience in business development, credit portfolio managing and analysis and structuring of income producing CRE credit transactions in the assigned local market. Formal credit training required.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Excellent knowledge of local Real Estate industry; expert real estate credit skills; financial statement analysis, real estate construction and credit structuring. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong leadership and coaching abilities.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Solid and proven track record of meeting and exceeding loan production, deposit gathering and other cross-sell goals.
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, build credibility rapidly and be able to resolve problems and conflicts.
Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time and have the ability to manage change.
Must possess excellent business communications skills such as advanced writing, listening, have sophisticated financial modeling skills, and customer service skills.
Must be able to be concise and persuasive in both verbal and written communication.
Ability to effectively and clearly speak in public and group settings.
Must possess exceptional networking and relationship building skills.