Our Client, a well established Commercial & Multifamily development company is seeking a Commercial Real Estate Development / Construction Manager to join their growing team. This position is responsible for managing one or more projects (start to finish) associated with the Company’s objective of creating value through the development, ownership, and operation of remarkable assets. This person will be accountable for the field execution of development, Project schedules, Subcontractor Management, Quality assurance, Site Management, Contract negotiations, and Pre-development activities , including site selection, securing entitlements and approvals, and implementing the project business plan. Must understand role as and be capable as an OWNERS representative.
Focus Areas of Responsibility:
- Create and manage preconstruction and construction budgets for ground-up commercial, multi-family, retail, hospitality, and mixed-use projects;
- Create and manage construction project schedules, and ensure projects reach established milestones for planned delivery;
- Create and issue RFPs to prospective general contractors and design professionals, and evaluate bid proposals from each;
- Negotiate agreements with general contractors, vendors, A&E consultants and specialty consultants;
- Must keep projects on schedule, under budget and achieve critical milestones; all will be critical to the success of this position;
- Must be able to review and evaluate construction contract documents for accuracy and completeness;
- Review and approve monthly applications for payment and invoices from general contractors and design team professionals;
- Present value engineering ideas to the development team to help control costs to meet budget goals and expectations for quality;
- Must have an understanding of project cost accounting and be able to provide variance reports;
- Attend and lead weekly owner, architect, contractor progress meetings and report progress to the real estate development team;
- Must be a leader and be able to work in a team environment; and, have Excellent oral and written skills are a must for this position.
- Candidate must possess no less than five ( 5 ) years managing commercial, Medical, multi-family, or mixed use construction projects, each with a cost greater than $ 10 million.
- Education - Undergraduate degree, preferably in Planning, Engineering, Construction Management, Real Estate Development, or other related field.
- Must understand role as and be capable as an OWNERS representative.
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and strong analytical skills.
- Must have vast experience interfacing with Architects, planners, Designers, and Partners
Our client is looking for an individual that is success driven and have great tenure in their last positions. There is a lot of opportunity within this company to gain new responsibilities and work in an environment that encourages their employees. Our client offers outstanding benefits and vacation time. Competitive base salary (Up to $120 k) dependent on experience and bonuses based on production . PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of response to this posting, candidates without the above stated experience will not be contacted. We appreciate your understanding. Do not let this unique opportunity pass by. If you are interested in learning more about this role, e-mail your resume directly to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] Our client is only looking at people who live in the Houston area.