Rubicon Realty is a full-service commercial real estate firm providing development, property management and brokerage services to their investors, property owners, and retail tenants within the Greater Houston market. Being a trusted partner through the entire commercial real estate cycle, we are a staunch believer in long term relationships.
Commercial Real Estate Accountant
Reporting to the Company Controller, the Commercial Real Estate Accountant will have oversite of an assigned portfolio of commercial real estate properties. These properties will be in various stages of accounting such as development, construction, and property management.
- Handle job cost accounting for construction and development contracts
- Prepare construction draws per AIA Standards for lender approval and funding
- Prepare monthly financial operating reports for assigned properties to be distributed to property owners, managers, and lenders
- Reconcile property balance sheet and bank accounts
- Analyze general ledger and record journal entries by property
- Assist with the creation and input of annual property management operating budgets
- Set up and maintain new tenant leases in accounting software
- Monitor tenant ledgers for recurring charges and delinquencies
- Spearhead the production of annual tenant NNN recoveries and escalations for property management review and owner approval