Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talent individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
2. Document collection activity within internal databases.
3. Conduct regular communication with healthcare insurance clients and providers on aging inventory.
4. Send refund request letters to healthcare providers.
5. Contact healthcare providers via phone to discuss discrepancies in overpayments.
6. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
7. Demonstrate Company's Core Competencies and values held within.
8. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
9. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
* High school diploma or GED along with at least two (2) years' of medical billing and collections experience. Bachelors' degree in a relevant field is preferred.
* Knowledge or experience with medical coding and regulations preferred.
* Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable.
* Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
* Must be able to prioritize, coordinate, multitask, think outside the box, and be energetic.
* Must be able to work independently while maintaining close attention to detail.
* Ability to adapt to a changing environment, handle multiple tasks, and demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
* Specifications should support the essential functions identified in the job, assuring compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other such employment-related acts (i.e., ability to stand for long periods of time, ability to interact with customers or visitors, ability to lift up to 50 pounds, ability to travel).
* Individual in this position must be able to work in a standard office environment which requires sitting and viewing monitor(s) for extended periods of time, operating standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, a keyboard, copier and telephone.