Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare
With hundreds of pharmacies across the country, a career with Genoa Healthcare means you’re part of changing the lives of those with behavioral health and other complex conditions. People with serious illnesses – and those who care for them – have incredibly moving stories, and at Genoa we are their partner. We partner with community-based providers and others so they get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans.
We are part of OptumRx (and UnitedHealth Group), which is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work.SM
We seek a Clinical Pharmacy Technician that will work under a pharmacist’s supervision and collaborate with the Care Center team and other team members in support of Genoa Healthcare’s clients and patients. This Clinical Pharmacy Technician role differs from retail, in that we are not a dispensing pharmacy. This position is ever evolving as the company grows.
- Hours of operation: 7:00AM-6:00PM (anticipated schedule will start at 8AM with occasional shifts starting at 10AM)
- FULL benefits (medical, dental vision), generous PTO, 8 PAID holidays, 401k, and tuition reimbursement!
- Location: 8441 Wayzata Blvd, Golden Valley, MN
The Clinical Pharmacy Technician is a call center position primarily responsible for supporting the Care Center and Clinical Services staff in all aspects of medication management services and clinical programs, including telephonic patient outreach, project coordination, scheduling call back appointments, coordination of care, follow up care activities and adherence encounters.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Clinical Services staff with daily patient outreach calls, call back appointment scheduling, contacting providers and pharmacies and other patient care activities as assigned.
- Increase the efficiency of interactions between patients, pharmacists, and other clinical staff to maximize the number of patient encounters and eliminate gaps in communication.
- Communicate with provider offices and pharmacies supporting various clinical programs and initiatives.
- Serve as a point of contact for both patients and clinical staff to optimize access to the comprehensive medication management services available in the Care Center.
- Conduct outbound medication adherence calls to address gaps in care and improve patient outcomes under general pharmacist’s supervision.
- Assist with resolution of drug therapy problems and coordination of follow up telephonic appointments with the pharmacists.
- Decrease administrative responsibilities performed by the pharmacists to allow them to dedicate more time to direct patient care.
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve operational efficiency and service quality related to patient engagement strategies and coordination of care.
- Maintain department productivity levels for patient satisfaction and performance goals.
- Support Clinical Services department with as needed projects and perform other related duties.
- Certified pharmacy technician with at least 2 years of pharmacy experience working for a PBM, or Health Plan or at least 4 years in a hospital or retail environment.
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Familiarity with the concept of Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Desire to work in an innovative environment on a team with healthcare professionals committed to quality patient care
- Excellent time management skills and ability to be self-motivated and driven to achieve goals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and reflective listening communication skills to initiate professional relationships
- Ability to work effectively and interface with clinical, professional administrative staff and diverse patient population.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to learn and function efficiently in multiple technology platforms
- Ability to proficiently research information related to patient care coordination activities via the internet
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment