At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for providing leadership to the department - overseeing the daily operations - managing and developing departmental staff, collaborating with the interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process, ensuring the delivery of quality care to patients.
- Bachelor of Nursing degree from an accredited school of professional nursing required or documented degree plan and timeframe to complete Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- For clinical manager positions in Magnet-designated hospitals or hospitals in pursuit of Magnet designation, a minimum of a Bachelors of Nursing is required at the time of hire or promotion
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Professional certification in clinical area or management preferred
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) or more years experience in clinical area of practice and minimum one (1) year experience in a supervisory or management role
- Clinical Manager II: additional two (2) years experience, three (3) years total in supervisory or management job
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Manages the daily operations of a patient care department, including forecasting and ensuring adequate staffing, taking departmental call; planning for continuity of care, serving in charge nurse role and providing direct patient care as needed.
- Collaborates with physicians, management team members, business partners, and customers to address strategic initiatives and organizational goals.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Ensures adequate scheduling and staffing; recruits, retains, and develops staff; provides performance feedback, addressing issues as necessary, and provides input into staff performance reviews in a timely effective manner.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.