Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
As a member of the clinical support team within an assigned geography, the CMEMS Clinical Education/Implant Specialist is responsible for providing technical clinical expertise and support of the implant process to colleagues, current customers and/or potential customers. This role works under moderate direction with clinical and sales teammates to identify and capitalize on sales opportunities by creating competency, comfort and expertise with all Abbott Heart Failure technologies among physician, lab technician and cath lab support staff within assigned geography.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Attends implant procedures, proctors staff/physicians and works to develop center to implant independence. As directed by his/her sales leader, contacts and visits clients and potential clients in the Company’s products and addresses any client questions and concerns.
- Provides medical professionals with sales support, information, and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of assigned accounts and customers to include competitor activity Conducts evaluations and develops sales strategies for capital equipment opportunities within accounts.
- Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
- Provides sales support, educational support, and clinical expertise/guidance to internal colleagues. Provides sales support, clinical in-services, training, and guidance to current or potential customers. May assist with the new hire training, product line in-services for clinical sales team as required.
- May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
- Uses clinical expertise to identify customer training and in-service needs with the goal of increasing customer usage, comfort and understating of all Abbott heart failure product lines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High communication capacity to ensure that multiple business units are integrated into implant schedules and strategies.
- Presentation skills and the ability to articulate procedure details.
- Registered Nursing Degree (RN), Certified Radiology Technician (CRT), or Cardiovascular Technician (RCIS) or equivalent experience.
- BS in related field highly desirable.
- Solid knowledge in heart failure therapies and medical devices industry. Quick learner – ability to come up to speed quickly on all SJM products and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- At least one year prior industry experience and advance degree preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.