Applications Accepted From: All Persons Interested
Workdays & Hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM
*Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Performs substantially complex and varied administrative functions in the direction and coordination of programs and procedures in the assigned department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Interviews patients and records their medical history using electronic health records; verifies medical history, screens immunization records
- Administers and issues medications and vaccines according to approved standing delegation orders.
- Administers injections and skin tests; takes blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration and other testing.
- Assists with patient follow-up; assists nurse or physician as directed.
- Assists in compiling statistical data for reports.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and medications and cleanliness of the office/clinic.
- May make referrals and assist with emergency response activities.
- Assists to ensure positive outcomes in all clinical service areas (i.e. productivity, wait time decrease).
- Participates in quality improvement activities including record reviews, chart audits, skills assessments, and competency evaluations.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES FOR COVID-19 Community Vaccine Outreach
- Serves on a community-based vaccine strike team
- Administers COVID-19 vaccines
- Conducts registration at COVID-19 vaccines sites
- Will need to drive to various locations throughout City of Houston
- Must be willing to work outside normal business hours including nights and weekends
- May be reassigned to other clinical services as needed
- May be assigned to transport vaccines
- Other duties as assigned
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.