Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy Independence TM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Claims Paralegal Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for a Claims Paralegal to be responsible for aiding and assisting the Legal Department with a variety of tasks, including assisting in litigation, pre-litigation matters, government complaints, foreclosures and bankruptcies.
The successful candidate will have precise attention to detail, a professional disposition and intrinsic motivation. They will be an energized team member who can work cross-functionally to define and execute on a vision for the business.
Claims Paralegal Responsibilities
- Provides paralegal assistance with consumer and commercial litigation, as well as foreclosures and bankruptcies
- Coordinates with other departments, such as billing and customer service, on strategy for resolving litigation and claims
- Performs initial case assessments
- Assists with legal research
- Assists in foreclosure and bankruptcy proceedings
- Maintains and organizes litigation files
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education required: Bachelor’s degree and/or ABA approved paralegal certificate
- Minimum years of experience required: 5+ years as a paralegal in a law firm or in-house law department
- Experience with Salesforce and Adobe
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with consumer and government complaints
- Knowledge of bankruptcy and/or foreclosure procedures
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and interact with other departments
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure with strict time deadlines
- Open office environment when working in Houston, TX office
- Hybrid schedule possible
- Extended periods of time working at computer work station.
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.