Civil Engineer working on turnkey Renewable Energy and utility facility projects.
The Civil Engineer will assist with the design and implementation for wind farms, energy stand-alone facilities and other renewable green energy projects. Must have Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited Engineering school and eligible for an EIT or PE license.
Civil Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
- The Civil Engineer works with project team to create or modify all civil site development design documents as it pertains to soil erosion and sediment control, stormwater modeling, permitting, pavement design and specifications, as well as knowledge and understanding of electrical substation and transmission line components and their functions.
- Use project specific standards and ensure that the civil design efforts are the most efficient and practical as possible
- Draft and design project site drawings for site grading, drainage and site surveys in CAD, SolidWorks, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley MicroStation 3D or other plant design software.
- Ensure correct application of engineering standards including the NESC, IEEE, ANSI, AISC and ACI
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university, or equivalent degree with experience in the Civil Engineering field, is required.
- Candidates must be a licensed professional engineer or must be able to obtain licensure.
- If registered in a state other than where the engineer will practice, the individual must be able to obtain a license for the State of Texas within one year of date of hire.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Civil Engineer with design, grading, drainage, stormwater, land easements, surveying and earthwork as may be found in greenfield or expansion of existing electric substations or other similar type facilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of soil erosion and sediment control, stormwater modeling, permitting, pavement design and specifications, as well as knowledge and understanding of electrical substation and transmission line components and their functions.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ANSI, AISC and ACI
- Extensive knowledge of site / civil design documents and drawings necessary to complete an renewable energy and electrical substation projects.
Full job description will be provided before interview.