Boxer Property is one of a portfolio of companies that includes commercial real estate, software development, SAAS, consulting, international operations, restaurants, insurance, and various other passive and active investments. It is truly an interesting and diverse world of activities!
Effective, secure use of technology is a strategic priority. Our approach begins with good data, leverages incredible tools, and relies on a strong culture of agility and information-based decision-making. As our world and our activities grow in scale and complexity, network security and reliability are increasingly important.
We are looking for a highly qualified CTO with cross-portfolio responsibilities. The ideal candidate combines business acumen, technical skills, and a healthy respect for process and procedure to architect, deploy, and maintain effective systems, as well as to set strategy and help shape the organizations future.
Our businesses are increasingly focused on:
- Designing and maintaining complex networks
- Deploying cloud-based system architecture
- Delivering scalable services to our internal and external customers
- Developing and supporting high-quality software applications
- Improving classic IT functions like disaster recovery and backup
- Addressing data privacy and compliance across multiple jurisdictions and ventures
- Incorporating artificial intelligence into operations
- Solving challenges associated with rolling-up or taking over companies
In this role you will be working closely with other executive-level colleagues who are responsible for teams like Application Development, Network Infrastructure, Professional Services, Real Estate Operations, Legal, and Accounting & Finance. You will work directly with the CEO and President.
Among other things, your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in technology and overall strategic planning
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and methodologies
- Work with a growing dev-ops group to scale deployment capacity
- Help architect and maintain a high-growth SAAS platform, particularly with respect to hosting, scaling, and supporting the environment (both multi-tenant and client instances)
- Orchestrate & monitor processes related to quality and compliance
- Create and manage budgets
- Reduce the risk of technological breaches and protect sensitive digital information
- Comply with applicable regulatory standards
- Review, improve, and maintain critical IT functions like communications, computing, application portfolio management, network reliability, and security.
- Oversight of complex IT operations in a sizable organization
- Cloud architecture
- Microsoft technologies, including Azure
- Software development management
- Project & process management discipline
- Software & data architecture
- Network infrastructure management
- Security & compliance
- Data science and data structure awareness