Innovative Start-up, Backed by the 6 largest energy marketers in North America & AWS
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Duran Workman
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $250,000 - $450,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a blockchain technology company that is backed by a few of the largest energy marketers in North America. Our purpose is to transform the physical delivery of commodities and pave the wave the way for the energy transition by creating the infrastructure layer of the carbon economy.
Why join us?
You will be part of a startup that is well financed, has a critical mass of customers, and a team that looking to transform the energy trading markets. You will be the cornerstone in architecting our product and developing our engineering team and capabilities.
The mission for this role is to develop and architect a transformational products in the post-trade energy commodity space. Key Outcomes in 2021 – 2022
- Architect an MVP for one key commodity
- Evaluate and select the right short-term and long-term Blockchain platform
- Manage key external partnerships to deliver MVP by August 2022
- Develop and recruit an engineering “A” team
- Contribute to strategic plan and vision
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and as a critical addition to the senior team, the position of Chief Technology Officer is responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision and leading all aspects of the company‘s software technology development.
The CTO will own platform selection, technical design, architecture and development methodology and future growth initiatives. This role will be expected to maintain a high-profile leadership approach while remaining highly accessible and collaborative. The ideal candidate is a proven leader and a passionate technology executive, who is well known for disciplined execution at scale, firm and fair leadership of talented teams and quality technology strategic thinking.
A hands-on leader, the ideal candidate will possess experience suited to an entrepreneurial and collaborative growth-oriented environment. He/she will ideally possess the following skills and attributes:
- Achievement Drive. Competes against the standard of excellence. Sets clear priorities and acts decisively to pursue critical objectives. A self-starter, motivated to move thoughtfully and quickly.
- Commitment to Quality. Conveys a sense of personal pride and passion for providing the highest levels of technical direction, innovation and service to the organization and its customers. Delivers world-class, defect-free, complete, and easily usable products.
- Communication Skills. Adeptly synthesizes key concepts and cogently communicates even the most complex messages in a manner suited to a range of audiences. Presents arguments logically, rationally, and convincingly. Utilizes interpersonal skills to influence desired outcomes and minimize unintended or negative impacts.
- Leadership, Teamwork and Collaboration. Works in partnership with others, dismantles silos and reaches across business and functional lines to build collaborative, enduring partnerships. Ability to transform organizations.
- People Management. Develop, inspire, and coach the technology leadership team across engineering, tech operations, and product development. Provides clear direction and opportunities for growth. Delegates effectively and provides constructive feedback. Invests in the development of individuals and teams. A track record and ability to attract and retain top talent and build highly effective teams.
- High Integrity. A person of integrity for whom ethics are at the center of all that is important.
Summary of strategic initiatives for this position
- Implement a strong development roadmap focused our core product
- Provide leadership for a diverse dispersed development team with a goal of centralizing where possible
- Upgrade/elevate development processes with a focus on meeting deadlines with quality deliverables
- 10+ years experience in the Software Technology & Development arena building software solutions
- 5+ years experience in the Energy Trading Industry, prospective candidates must have a strong understanding of post-trade processes
- 2+ years experience creating and implementing Blockchain solutions
- Extensive AGILE development, enterprise-wide implementation experience
- Proven growth, product scaling experience
- Experience with AWS cloud technology
- Strategic, collaborative mindset with a passion for delivery excellence
- Experience with new software product launches
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.