The Chief Operation Officer for Storengy will work with a small team and be a critical part of long-term, strategic success of the company. You will be responsible for developing engineering protocols, workflows, and processes for electrical and mechanical subsystems of large-scale geothermal heating and cooling systems and will help to grow the company by supporting the business development efforts by assisting the BD Team at the technical level.
What you 'll do:
- Work with the CEO/Managing Director, staff, and governing board to facilitate short and long-term strategic plans, initially focused on the northeast USA.
- Identify key customers, projects, and stakeholders at the forefront of sustainable, low-to-zero-carbon heating and cooling for real estate development/redevelopment.
- Build a team of support staff, suppliers, and subcontractors to deliver successful projects.
- Manage Engineering Procurement and Construction projects.
- Develop, manage, and support the technical services and maintenance team for commissioning, startup, operations activities after commissioning and sustaining engineering.
- Help to recruit, train, motivate, and develop the engineering staff.
- Manage the engineering function efficiently and oversee technical dossier with staff.
- Deliver on technical solutions to address customer needs and define the technical solutions to put in place regarding the size and complexity of the business cases to provide best cost/value solutions.
- Develop pre-defined standard above-ground equipment to standardize the company 's range of solutions.
- Develop and refine financial models for project capital and operational costs such that lump-sum pricing, cost plus or other desired project management contract approaches can be reliably incorporated into the company 's proposals.
- Establish key subcontractor and supplier partnerships for RFP/RFI 's. Drilling and heat pumps are key components of the company 's service offerings, therefore strategic partnerships with suppliers are a must.
- Work with European business partners on the feasibility study and design phases of shallow geothermal projects.
- Manage external data, hardware, and software resources to implement and maintain secure IT systems for the company and its deployed control systems.
- Manage infrastructure safety and interoperability to comply with Federal, state, and local requirements for critical infrastructure protection.
What you bring:
- Bachelors ' Degree required in an engineering or analytical, science driven discipline with extensive experience in building-scale thermal energy and control systems. experience with district energy systems. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional engineering experience in large-capital project implementation.
- Engineering sales experience and an extensive, diverse network.
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making, and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstration of analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and a knack for seeing opportunities where others see problems.
- Professional registrations in target geographic market areas. A sales network including clients who are building their brands on sustainability and carbon neutrality is a plus.
- Certified Geothermal Designer is a plus.
- Background in property development, including environmental permitting, drilling, and real-estate development transaction-driven projects.
- Working understanding of building energy systems and district energy systems.
- Knowledge of governmental and utility incentive programs for sustainable heating and cooling (e.g., NYSERDA '" New York State Energy and Research Development Authority).
- Experience using numerical groundwater flow and heat transfer models and with GIS software and applications.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment with non-flexible deadlines and possibly calls outside of traditional US business hours.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.