The CFO role will drive the overall finance strategy for the business, as well as the functional accountability and operational execution of broad company objectives. This role will report to and work in close collaboration with the CEO and business unit executives to drive financial operating excellence & controllership, manage complex functional issues, lead short & long-term financial planning & analysis, and develop & drive a culture of safety, integrity, and compliance throughout our business. This position is based in Houston and will travel regularly to St Croix, USVI.
- Oversee and lead all financial functions including, Finance, Treasury, Accounting, Investor Relations, and Risk Management.
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the Chief Executive Officer, Management team, and the Board on both financial and broad-based business issues.
- Provide overall leadership & strategy for the CFO organization supporting business goals and objectives.
- Set operational execution rigor with the CFO team to assure standards and/or programs are effectively delivered that meet operating budgets/costs, margin, and other financial stewardship metrics/goals.
- Drive financial performance improvement initiatives (e.g. cost management, productivity) and influence needed actions to maximize operating margins, costs, etc. throughout the business.
- Manage the corporate finance strategy by raising appropriate levels of debt and equity to meet growth requirements while maintaining an optimized capital structure. Manage various related agreements.
- Implement tools, systems, and processes to manage risk and assist in critical decision-making with the CEO, Leadership Team, and Board.
- Manage and monitor annual budgeting and planning processes and the P&L. Keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization's financial status.
- Manage company treasury activity.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on capital expenditures, restructuring, and other projects as required.
- Drive compliance and risk strategy including adherence to regional, statutory, and country regulations.
- Lead business planning reviews and approval meetings and keep senior management advised of material developments.
- Deliver fiscal year budgets and actively manage throughout the year.
- Understand regulatory changes and trends and forecast business impact.
- Build effective working relationships across the entire business leadership team
The above is a summary of responsibilities for this position and there may be other responsibilities and duties assigned by management.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited university or college in Finance, Accounting, or Economics, or related field, MBA preferred
- Three (3) or more years of executive finance leadership in a Refinery
- Minimum of ten (10) years of combined experience in finance, accounting, corporate audit, compliance, or controllership
- CPA preferred
- Experience and success in a private equity or venture capital backed environment required
- Experience working in a debt leveraged environment with an understanding of credit agreements, covenants, and other balance sheet instruments
- Success serving as a true business partner to the CEO, investors, and management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic objectives
- Experience implementing financial, operational, and analytic IT systems and controls
- Ability to view the business from a broader perspective, integrating finance and business issues to develop insight and solutions that add value to a senior management team beyond finance. Understanding key operational business drivers to support company growth objectives
- Experience scrutinizing operations and implementing internal controls with an eye toward keeping costs in line with expectations
Applicable Additional Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain, or currently possess, a valid Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without Company sponsorship
- Work is generally in an office setting.