The CFO’s mission is to ensure that COMPANY’s operating activities are efficiently funded, and effectively measured, to generate the highest possible return given the parameters defined by the Board and CEO. The Chief Financial Officer is a senior executive of the company and, as such, will share overall responsibility for establishing the vision and managing the performance of the company. The CFO will have input into investments, purchasing, financing and other strategic decisions.
COMPANY is headquartered in Orlando, Florida though the company is currently 100% remote due to COVID-19. Ideal candidates would be located in Orlando or be willing to relocate to the surrounding area some time in late 2021. COMPANY will likely never return to a traditional office structure with team members sitting at desks in an office every day of the work week. However, we would prefer the ability for executives to meet in person as needed in the future. Candidates must be very comfortable with a remote workforce, as all accounting personnel are currently 100% remote and living in different cities.
Due to this being a work-from-home opportunity it is posted in multiple locations, however, there is currently only one opening.
Public Company Reporting and Compliance
- Prepare, review and file all public company documents with the SEC, NASDAQ, and other regulatory bodies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance, and financial procedures.
- Understand and implement financial changes, as necessary, related to new or changing GAAP regulations
- Interface with internal and external legal counsel for drafting and reporting public company filing documents
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors and manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Interface with public company analysts as needed.
- Maintenance and reporting for COMPANY’s stock plans
- Advise leadership and Board regarding stock matters
- Oversee issuance of company securities and tax withholding
Planning, Reporting and Analysis
- Supervise all corporate and unit accounting functions, including general ledgers, consolidations, accounts payable, corporate payroll, etc.
- Create and maintain effective and efficient accounting and financial reporting processes and systems, including internal controls.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division, and weekly cash flow by division.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Propose action plans to ensure that financial objectives are attained.
- Manage tax reporting and compliance for the company.
- Work with product teams to determine pricing and strategy.
- Work with engineering teams on implementation of new systems and coordinate financial reporting and testing.
Capital & Financing
- Partner with the CEO on capital raises and other financial transactions including S-1, S-3, PIPE and debt financings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with financial institutions and banking partners.
- Evaluate alternative capital structures and recommend strategies.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Evaluate acquisition opportunities as identified by the leadership team.
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and the integration of financial systems/processes.
Systems & Procedures
- Ensure that all COMPANY platforms are aligned to optimally deliver financial and operational metrics to appropriate users.
- Oversee implementation of new accounting software (Sage Intacct) for financial reporting and orchestrate enterprise-wide integration.
- Coordinate across multiple departments to review internal processes and implement strategic changes to improve reporting and efficiency.
- Lead and manage corporate level accounting/finance staff and adhere to a culture that promotes attraction, retention and development of “A Players”.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term personnel growth plan of the FP&A organization.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of payroll reporting to third party PEO vendor (TriNet).
- Oversee employee benefits with annual review of employer contributions to maximize a cost-effective benefits package and employee satisfaction.
Experience, Qualifications & Requirements
- 10+ years experience in a senior financial managerial position (CFO preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (MBA preferred).
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance, and SEC reporting.
- Public company fundraising experience (S-1, S-3, PIPE, etc.).
- Professional accounting designation (CPA).
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.