This Job has been reposted by the company. Refer to Job ID 644141.
- Leads the audit function and enterprise risk management program of a fortune 500 company.
- Accountable for leading an organization of directors, managers, and individual contributors performing the audit and ERM function by setting overall project initiatives, approving financial and human capital allocations for programs and projects; ensures effective management of audits and ERM oversight.
- Leads the development and implementation of strategic decisions and company policy; identifies consequences of decisions on a regional or global level and recommends appropriate solutions and areas for improvement.
- Manages complex, ongoing business challenges and changes stemming from shifting organization structure, linkages, and strategy.
- Oversees the planning, design, implementation, communication, and delivery of the company 's audit initiatives across the organization.
- Provides management guidance on audit reviews of the highest level of complexity.
- Serves as an expert on audit standards and GAAP related issues.
- Ensures that the audit strategies and initiatives within area of accountability are integrated with corporate and business strategies
- Consults with business leaders at the VP and SVP level to drive and influence strategic decision-making of auditing functions within a broad scope (e.g., mitigating risks, assessing the level of compliance to company standards).
- Manages relationships with senior business leaders to resolve complex audit issues; represents company to internal and external stakeholders, such as management and external auditors on all audit matters.
- Leads the corporate-wide oversight of the Enterprise Risk Management Program which includes risk policies, metrics, reporting and monitoring.
- Ensures that the Risk Management Framework facilitates continuous improvement of organizations capabilities for management of its top priority risks.
- Supports Senior Management and the Board / Audit Committee (AC) in ensuring that risks are mitigated to the desired level.
- Represents the main change agent for the implementation and continuous improvement of the ERM program.
Education and Experience
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree and/or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 15+ years of experience in an audit function or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of finance.
- Experience in Risk Management
- Typically 10+ years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to provide audit consultation, with broad scope, to senior managers.
- Superior understanding of audit standards, accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Superior knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment as it relates to internal audit, including emerging legislation.
- Ablility to think strategically. To possess the authority to monitor the performance of Risk Management Champions and Risk Owners.
- Ability to effectively analyze significant amount of data information and filter it to key points helping management to analyze risks.
- Ability to build executive-level partnerships across functions and businesses.
- Strong influencing, organization, leadership and negotiating skills.
- Superior project management and prioritization skills.
- Superior people management skills, including managing senior teams across geographies.
- Ability to tailor and communicate information to a variety of audiences, ranging from senior business executives to analysts.
- Excellent leadership and staff development skills.
- Manages a function that supports business unit performance and implementation of the global functional/Audit strategy.
- Typically partners with managers, EVPs, and SVPs.
- Typically manages managers and directors.
- Works across multiple units business- or function-wide to deliver audit solutions