Kelly Science and Clinical is currently recruiting candidates for a Cell Therapy Process Development Scientist at a biopharma company in Houston, TX. The Process Development Scientist is responsible for the technical execution of programs coming into Process Development and transferring them from Process Development into Manufacturing.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute cell-based processes and analytical development activities of multiple cell therapy programs to the GMP manufacturing team
- Manage technical projects, meet project objectives, and identify any necessary alterations to the project plans
- Plan resource utilization to meet development schedules
- Resolve issues by implementing appropriate actions to keep projects on track, on budget and to a high degree of quality and client satisfaction
- Support business development, client interactions and presentations, proposal generation and review
- Forecast department revenue for projects and proposals that involve Process Development activities
- Establish and follow GDP while maintaining data integrity and confidentiality
- Provide mentorship to junior scientists and associate scientists
- Train junior associates on technical and facility cleaning procedures
- Advanced degree in a relevant biological science, with a minimum of 4 years (Master’s) or 2 years (Ph.D.) of experience in the cell therapy pharmaceutical/biotechnology industries or academic centers working on applicable projects
- Experience working in cell therapy process development activities
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience to the design and execution of complex and varied process development tasks
- Cell culture and aseptic technique for growing both primary human hematopoietic cells and cell lines
- Ability to isolate peripheral blood mononuclear cells from blood or blood-derived products
- Ability to isolate, culture and expand common leukocytes (i.e. T cells, NK cells, NKT cells, monocytes, dendritic cells)
- Good knowledge of flow cytometry (multi-color flow cytometry, up-to 6 colors), ability to independently prepare samples, acquire and analyze results
- Knowledge of common bioreactors and equipment in cell therapy
- Familiarity with regulatory issues pertaining to the manufacture of cell therapies
This is a Direct Hire opportunity with compensation commensurate upon level of education and applicable experience. If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.