Nordco is Calling ALL Class A or B CDL Drivers ( Assistant Operator ) Wanting a New and Opportunity!
Are you sick of not being paid for your down time? Sick of expenses to keep your rig on the road? Do you still love to travel, but want to get paid to let someone else get you where you need to be…
Our CDL drivers get paid from door to door, to drive rail detection equipment along some the most beautiful and unseen areas of North America. We fly you to our customer sites, then you drive rail trucks (usually Freightliner M2’s) to ensure that the rail line stays safe! This is a really important job. Imagine after a day of work you go to the hotel, and get ready to actually SEE some sites, eat at a nice restaurant, or just sleep in a real bed?
Hotels, Meals, and Flights paid by the company full benefits, and a W2 job.
**** Extensive travel within the continental United States but could also include Canada and Mexico. Passport will be required for travel outside the US. Access and proximity to major Airport.
Our Assistant Operator will be tasked with:
• Drive rail flaw detection vehicles on road and on rail in support of rail flaw detection activities.
• Practice all railroad and highway safety and operating procedures.
• Under guidance of the Chief Operator, Field Manager and Equipment Manager, maintains the NRSIT rail flaw detection vehicle.
• Ensures the vehicle has all required documentation including IFTA sticker, registration, and insurance etc. Annual certifications for DOT and hy-rail FRA.
• Submit all required reports to Field Manager monthly Including: accurate driver log, fuel reports and any other required documentation. Record failure data when a component failure occurs. Maintains accurate business expense records.
• Inspects vehicle and carriage equipment regularly and brings findings to chief operator.
• MECHANICAL ability: Grease, lube, and tighten bolts, repair or have repaired defective parts on ultrasonic testing carriage as necessary – any adjustments or repairs would be under supervision of Chief Operator.
• Valid Class B (or Class A) CDL.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, Associate Degree preferred.
• NDT Ultrasonic Testing level 1 preferred.
• Continually meet NRSIT and DOT driving standards.
• Mechanism analysis standard methods and computer simulation
• Basic Computer Skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and Travel
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off
• 401k with company match
• And many more
If you have questions or would like further details please email me: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Or call: 816-339-9995