Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We are looking for a
CCP Spacecraft Software Engineer to join our team with
GeoControl Systems, Inc., a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
To fulfill this critical role, you will need expertise in all aspects of the Human Rated software development life cycle, including:
- System integration and interface management and coordination
- Software testing and verification
- Software Product Assessment for completeness of design and implementation
- Software Process Assessment (including Compliance assessment) across the full development life cycle
- Perform other duties as required
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and fourteen (14) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system discipline and seven (7) years of progressive experience. Require demonstrated and recognized technical expertise in speciality areas of engineering system design and analysis
- Experience in one or more of the following specialty areas:
- Spacecraft Display & Control Systems
- Safety Critical Human-Rated Software Development
- Human Rated Mature Software Processes
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Fault Detection, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR) for Distributed Avionics Architectures
- Autonomous Systems
- Data Engineering/Data Governance
- Proficiency with team collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, Webex, Skype, Sharepoint, Jira
- Experience working as part of an Integrated Product Team to develop avionic systems
- Experience leading a software development project across the full development life cycle
- Experience fostering a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills and strong customer service attitude
- Experience with:
- Spacecraft Avionics and Software Architecture
- Safety and flight critical software development
- NASA software and systems development standards (incl NPR 7150.2)
- ARINC 664, 653
- RTC DO178
- Object oriented software development
- Agile software development
- Proficiency with C/C coding
- Proficiency with Linux
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python
- Software project management experience
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
Why Work on Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.