ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe.
We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
What you’ll do all day:
- System integration and interface management and coordination.
- Software testing and verification.
- Software Product Assessment for completeness of design and implementation.
- Software Process Assessment (including Compliance assessment) across the full development life cycle.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Experience leading a software development project across the full development life cycle.
- Experience with safety-critical software development and associated processes with ability to identify unusual, nonstandard, risky practices.
- Experience in one or more of the following specialty areas:
- Some level of management experience (task lead, manager, project manager, etc) with ability to have a big picture view.
- Software development processes with ability to analyze processes and process compliance and identify practices that are counter to ultra-high quality.
- Hardware/software integration with ability to understand software architecture and specific application software and provide software expertise to drive thorough understanding of software in the hardware focused teams.
- Effectively embed in domain teams and ensure that software is thoroughly considered and assessed as part of the overall system certification processes.
- Integrated testing with focus on test scripts, test processes, and test results.
- Proficiency with team collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, Webex, Skype, Sharepoint, Jira.
- Experience working as part of an Integrated Product Team to develop avionic systems.
- Experience fostering a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills and strong customer service attitude.
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Experience with development of safety-critical flight software.
- NASA software and systems development culture, processes, standards (incl NPR 7150.2).
- Spacecraft Avionics and Software Architecture.
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI).
- ARINC 664, 653.
- RTC DO178.
- Object oriented software development.
- Agile software development.
- Proficiency with C/C++ coding.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule