WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
As a part of our Engineering Team, the CADD Technician will work with our engineering team to develop roadway, drainage, and/or civil drawings from engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings to ensure each design meets what the client is looking for.
- You will utilize a CADD workstation to prepare engineering drawings for preliminary and final plan sets by working closely with other designer/drafters and engineers to ensure coordinated design.
- You will be included in schedule discussions to ensure plans are delivered in a timely manner.
- You will apply standard drafting/design principles and theories to complete assignments.
- You will use technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards such as the one employed by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
- You will read and understand orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- A two-year technical degree or certification of completion.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, proficiency in MicroStation/Inroads or Open Roads Designer is preferred.
- Being familiar with Bentley ProjectWise is a preferred.
- Previous CADD experience supporting TxDOT projects is a plus.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. This includes ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an accommodate. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.