Mott MacDonald is currently seeking a CAD Designer to work in the CAD department of the Power Division in our office located in The Woodlands, TX. This is an entry level position in a fast-paced environment requiring exceptional attention to detail, AutoCAD skills required and the ability to apply client standards accordingly.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Working individually within a team to complete complex and technically challenging aspects of electrical utility substation design.
- Development of protection and control (P&C) logic, elementary drawings, wiring diagrams from rough sketches, notes and or verbal descriptions from engineers.
- Ability to produce applicable drawings from customer drawings, company drawings or specifications.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and use standards and customer-supplied documentation.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and capable of self-checking to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
- Detail oriented and possess an accommodating and proactive professional attitude.
We invite applications from candidates with:
- Up to two years AutoCAD experience in an office environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Detail oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively with internal team members.
- Good written and oral communications and time management skills.
- Associate’s degree or other technical education is a plus.
- Electrical or substation design background is helpful.
- Knowledge writing lisp routines, scripts or general computer programming is a plus.
- MicroStation, 3D CAD, or AutoCAD raster design suite experience or knowledge is a plus.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.