Title: Business Intelligence with Manufacturing Domain Experience
Duration: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Location: Remote Work – Corning, NY
Pay Rates: W2 Only (no C2C)
Schedule and location:
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm (possible off-hour calls in case of escalations)
Remote role with travel between different facilities with as much as 2 weeks onsite.
0%-50% travel (major in North America)
Top 3 Must-Haves:
- Manufacturing Metrics Experience
- SQL Skills
- Business Intelligence Skills
The Manufacturing Business Intelligence role will focus on the implementation of manufacturing metrics and reporting concepts, such as OEE, run charts, Capability (Cpk/Ppk) in business intelligence tools, such as PowerBI, using equipment data stored in disparate data systems, such as relational databases and time-series databases.
Degrees below or equivalent work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or a related STEM Major with a minimum 1-5+ years related experience in software/operational technology project delivery in manufacturing environments
• Associates Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or a related STEM Major with a minimum 5-7+ years related experience in software/operational technology project delivery in manufacturing environments
Technical Knowledge/Skills Needed:
• Architecting/creating data models (relational databases, warehouses, etc.).
• ETL development - data extraction, transformation, loading; full and delta data refreshes.
• Create complex views, stored procedures, optimizing queries, etc.
• BI Reporting and visualization tools: Power BI, Databases (SQL etc), Excel.
• Consume REST APIs.
• Manufacturing metrics and reporting concepts, such as OEE, run charts, Capability (Cpk/Ppk)
• Familiarity with the ISA-95 model
• Data analysis and visualization knowledge/experience, with languages such as python or R.
• Software development with 1-2 years’ experience in a high level language, such as python, .Net, Java, etc.a
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders across all levels to gather requirements; and convert requirements into technical design details for implementation.
Non-Technical Knowledge/Skills Needed
• Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise concepts, designs, and status to upper level management and low-level engineers/operations.
• Ability to be self-motivated to address technical and nontechnical needs as they arise
• Ability to organize thoughts and ideas to ensure attention to detail is met
• Ability to manage multiple tasks to meet conflicting customer needs and schedules
• Ability to deliver results to customer and team to meet business objectives
• Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams