IBERIABANK FIRST HORIZON BANK. Proven. Focused. Better Together.
If you’re a natural leader and want to build a team at a strong company, then you’ll want to be one of our branch managers! As one of our branch managers you will oversee all the functions of their branch, from hiring employees to managing customer relations to implementing new strategies. You'll maintain client relationships and develop new ones while guiding their teams to success. Few get this opportunity; so apply today!
A day in the life of a Branch Manager:
- Develops business in market area
- Manages branch team to meet the goals and objectives of the branch
- Represents First Horizon Bank by participating in local community organizations and events
The ideal candidate should be excited about building a great team and establishing a good rapport with new and existing clients in the area. We are looking for an experienced and ambitious branch manager to oversee all functions of this location from the hiring of employees to managing customer relations to implementing business strategies. The successful candidate will value teamwork, transparency and accountability above all else. If you love business development, involvement in the community and being a vision of a great team, come join us.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Business development of market area through proactive sales calls and networking to meet or exceed production goals such as growth of consumer and business loans, deposits, and fee income for retail managers.
• Involvement in the local market/community through civic organizations or community groups.
• Ensure that personnel are trained and motivated to attain high quality customer service standards and profit goals through proactive sales.
• In conjunction with support groups such as retail administration for retail managers, develop, identify and implement activities within the branch market area.
• Ensure that appropriate staffing is maintained at all times to provide high quality customer service levels.
• Regularly monitor the efficiencies of production standards.
• Ensure that regulatory compliance standards are met.
• Responsible for controlling operational and administrative expenses.
• Responsible for resolving all customer service problems.
• Responsible for representing the organization in a professional manner at all civic and community affairs.
• Manage personnel, recommend & maintain staffing levels, performance appraisals, provide training, promotions, hiring, recommend salary adjustments and terminations.
• Retail Branch Managers: maintain a high level of product knowledge and organize a well prepared small business loan package for underwriting.
• Other job related duties and special duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities – Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of branch. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications - to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills - Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability - High Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer and Office Equipment Skills - Ten key calculator, facsimile machine, copier, basic computer knowledge (understand basics of MS Word & Excel), typing of at least 20/30 words per minute
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations - NA
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)