The CSI Companies is currently seeking a Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator for a long-term contract position with one of our clients in Houston, Texas.
Working as an embedded resource in a provider office to provide administrative support to the provider and office staff.
1. Work effectively in a structured, production environment.
2. Adhere to daily schedules and assignments
3. Strictly adheres to established advanced protocols to handle incoming contacts including, but not limited to, prescription refill requests, lab results, x-ray results, medical triage assessments, medical inquiries, and referral requests.
4. Assists callers with general contacts including, but not limited to, appointment scheduling, general facility and provider information, general requests, medical records requests, and issue resolution.
5. Verify and update patient information in the clinical information system.
6. When appropriate, assigns electronic tasks to clinic staff to intervene with medically related inquiries and requests and to address concerns.
7. Contact patients to remind of appointments.
8. Contact patients to communicate special outbound call campaign messaging.
9. Review patient chart (in EMR) to ensure core measures are being addressed and met per protocol and takes appropriate action when they are not, i.e., schedule services.
10. Assist patients with identification of and connectivity to community and program resources to assist with non-medical needs, (Pharmacy assistance programs, meals on wheels, LIS).
11. Document thoroughly all calls and actions taken within core systems.
12. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
§ Two years experience in healthcare environment with direct customer contact
§ Ability to respond appropriately to patient questions regarding tests and treatments
§ Ability to exercise sound judgment in the handling of complex medical assistant inquiries per protocol
§ Ability to work effectively in a fast paced call center environment
§ Ability to adhere to daily schedules and duties
§ Ability to think critically
§ Ability to effectively de-escalate and resolve issues
§ Excellent listening skills
§ Excellent Customer Service voice and demeanor
§ Excellent telephone etiquette
§ Excellent oral and written communication skills
§ Excellent problem solving skills
§ Excellent demonstration of caring and compassion
§ Strong computer experience (data entry, screen navigation, keyboarding)
§ Strong desire to work with the elderly
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
§ Familiarity with managed care
§ Medical office experience
§ Electronic Medical Record experience
§ Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Our client is seeking candidates that can interview and get started immediately. All candidates must complete and pass a Background check, drug screening, and other health screenings if required.
Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.