You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Care Advocate you will be responsible for utilization review of mental health and substance use disorder services. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The hours for the positions are 8 AM - 5 PM CST, Monday through Friday.
- Perform utilization management, utilization review, or concurrent review of behavioral health admissions and continued stay
- Ensure that behavioral health care services provided are medically necessary, per standard guidelines
- Ensure that behavioral health care services are provided in the most appropriate setting
- Integrate a collaborative process which assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the options and services to meet the enrollee’s health needs using education, communication, and all available resources to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes
- Discharge planning or management of transitions between care settings to ensure the appropriate services / resources are in place for quality outcomes
You’ll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We’ll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You’ll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Independently licensed Masters-level mental health professional, licensed Ph.D., or registered nurse
- Current, independent unrestricted license
- 3+ years post-licensure clinical experience in an appropriate behavioral health environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Access to high speed internet at home (cable broadband, DSL, or fiber optic)
- Dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Experience in working in managed care environment
- Utilization management experience
- Substance abuse experience
- Medical or behavioral health collaboration within different organizations
- Experience in working with children, adolescents, and families
- Experience in working in a hospital setting
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Substance Use, Utilization Management, Utilization Review, Psychologist, Counselor, Therapist, Social Worker, Registered Nurse, RN, Ph.D., Telecommute, Telecommuter, Remote, Work From Home, Houston, TX, Atlanta, GA, Philadelphia, PA, Denver, CO, St. Louis, MO, Richmond, VA, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Missouri, Virginia