Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Join the Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston and love where you work! It's the first Margaritaville in Texas and we welcome you to the one and only lake resort on Lake Conroe in Montgomery, Texas. Are you currently looking to work at an exciting new Resort? If so, this could be your opportunity!!
For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits, on the job training, uniforms and recognition rewards. Enjoy our Employee Cafe and free on-site parking. Benchmark offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
The Banquets Bartender is responsible for day to day operation of the bar for Banquets, providing excellent service, beverage, and a fun clean atmosphere for guests according to standards and expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Meet governmental regulations dealing with the sale of alcoholic beverages. Meet governmental health requirements.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift and move 40 lbs. to a height of 5 feet (NOTE: The transporting, moving, and/or lifting of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages).
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Interact well with others. Service oriented.
- Serving alcoholic / non-alcoholic beverages and food to customers in a friendly, courteous and professional manner to exceed expectations.
- Serving alcohol responsibly only to those who are of legal age and overseeing the customers amount of consumption, making certain not to serve intoxicated customers.
- Maintain full knowledge of all food and beverage products served and utilize suggestive selling techniques.
- Prepare all beverages according to recipes and procedures. Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar area and floor, cleaning all spills and debris in a timely manner
- Follow all proper cash handling procedures.
To assist other departments as required. Will perform additional duties as requested by leadership.
Indoors, climate controlled environment. Hard kitchen and bar floors with occasional slippery or greasy areas. Handling hot plates and silver. Outdoors, with exposure to outdoor climate and elements.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (as required by OSHA and ADA - US only):
- Requires constant standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
- Requires frequent crouching, balancing, pushing/pulling, and lifting/carrying of up to 25 lbs; with occasional lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs.
- Requires constant manual dexterity, gross and fine motor skills, vision, and hearing
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
What are we looking for?
- Someone with an engaging and welcoming personality
- Current bartenders' certification or appropriate license
- Knowledgeable in the latest trends around mixology
- Someone who is descriptive and can sale
- Someone with 2-4 years of bartender experience
- Someone with knowledge of wine, beer, cocktails, and spirits
- Someone who can work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Someone with a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Someone with excellent communication skills
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.