divvyDOSE, a rapidly growing healthcare startup headquartered in Chicago, is now part of the UnitedHealth Group family.
divvyDOSE is professional but fun, dedicated yet quirky. We are fast paced, highly motivated doctors, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and support staff who focus on health and wellness (and if we’re being honest, sometimes pizza) and most of us have slight obsessions with our pets. We want to make a difference in the lives of our customers by treating them like friends and family. We offer a work-hard, play-hard environment with competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit plan.
As part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone. Are you looking for a way to create next-level results with a human-level approach? Then look at opportunities with divvyDOSE, where changing the world is just one result of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
divvyDOSE is looking for a Backend Software Engineer for our main pharmacy application with solid experience in building features and reliable systems at scale. We're in the exciting and rapidly growing consumer healthcare industry which requires continuous innovation, rigorous quality, and iteration.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. As a Backend Software Engineer you will work closely with other engineers on the team to deliver high quality, scalable software for our pharmacy operating system. The ideal candidate will have experience in building performant applications, with a desire to collaborate with others and apply the best tools for the job.
- Build and improve a growing suite of microservices (mostly serverless) written in Python 3
- Build and maintain a HIPAA compliant infrastructure
- Help debug production issues across services
- Participate in technical design discussions to ensure delivery of robust, scalable software that meets product requirements & goals
- Follow engineering standards and practices to deliver well-tested and well-architected code
- Assist and collaborate with other engineers on the team to meet team goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience developing microservices and APIs
- Solid programming experience in Python, Java, or Ruby
- Ability to write well tested code and debug production issues
- Knowledge of user authentication, authorization, and claim systems, like Cognito or Auth0
- Familiarity with RDBMS (especially Postgres or MySQL), Document databases, and/or key-value stores
- Experience with monitoring applications
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience with Healthcare, HL7 or HIPAA Applications
- Experience with Domain-driven design
- Experience using infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- Experience with managed services in AWS
- Experience with Lambda or other function-as-a-service (FaaS) solutions
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines, such as Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience with NewRelic, Datadog, or other application monitoring tools
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key Words: divvyDOSE, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Python, AWS, Java, Ruby, APIs, telecommute, remote, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, hiring immediately