ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our+ customers.
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe.
We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
What you’ll do all day:
- Design the distributed network architecture for the Gateway Modular Spacecraft.
- Perform Requirements Development and Management.
- Perform Verification Testing.
- Perform other duties as required.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and fourteen (14) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and twelve (12) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. degrees and nine (9) years direct engineering experience.
- Experience with either Avionic Electrical or Software Systems Design.
Experience with the following major spacecraft systems and disciplines:
- Electrical Systems
- Thorough knowledge of Computer Networking technology, such as:
- IEEE 802.3 (Ethernet) standards
- ARINC 664 Part 7 Aircraft Data Network – Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet Networks
- SAE AS 6802 Time Triggered Standard
- Internet Protocol Suite (IPS)
- Hardware Cabling Standards
- Experience with
- Network Design
- Network Management Tools
- IT Security
- Network Troubleshooting Techniques
- Familiarity with commercial products available in computer networking technology.
- Interpret network data captures, such as pcap files.
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
- Time Triggered Ethernet (TTE) experience.
- Experience with Time Triggered systems such as TDMA.
- Fault tolerance/reliability experience.
- Experience with spacecraft avionics and circuit design or analysis.
- Experience applying computer network technology in space systems.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.