UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization.
This position is in UHC Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Affairs (LCRA) - Operations Legal.
This position provides legal advice and counsel to the business operations of the organization on complex legal and operational issues and/or processes across a variety of topics, including: state and federal dispute resolution processes (i.e., state ‘surprise billing’ laws, Consolidated Appropriations Act - No Surprises Act), and out - of - network reimbursement strategies, as well as core operations functions, including, for example, billing, communications, eligibility, provider operations and service.
If you are located in Minnetonka, MN, Hartford, CT, and Cypress, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Advise on the implementation of federal and/or state legal / regulatory requirements impacting the health care industry (particularly in the topics specified above), and the operational complexities resulting from those requirements
- Identify privacy, legal and/or regulatory considerations for further analysis
- Advise on risk management, consumer / customer inquiries, and/or service issues
- Evaluate appropriate legal course of action to meet business objectives and advise senior legal and business leaders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 4+ years of professional legal experience either in a law firm or corporate environment
- Experience in areas such as consumer experience, operations, appeals, dispute resolution, advocacy, regulatory interpretation, regulatory relationships, and payment reimbursement methodologies
- Proven success in collaborating across a matrixed business and legal environment, including excellent written / verbal communications skills, as well as presentation skills
- Ability to evaluate and determine appropriate legal course of action to meet business unit needs
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, and external company contacts
- Ability to understand and interpret data and analytics relevant to the business areas advising
- Familiarity with process improvement concepts and methodologies
- Background in health insurance and/or managed care industry
- Background in facilitation, mediation, arbitration and/or litigation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Associate General Counsel, Juris Doctorate, Healthcare Regulations, Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, Investigations, Regulatory Law, Digital Marketing, Healthcare, Legal, Healthcare, Law, Unitedhealthcare, UHC, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota , Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Cypress, CA, California