UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Experience Designer will be responsible for the effective design of software programs and components using various coding platforms and systems for multiple lines of business and functional areas. This will be done in accordance with management and functional leaders to gather information on business needs and design requirements. As a key resource to others you must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to always meet deadlines.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, test, implement, maintain and troubleshoot Web Apps working with established frameworks
- Design and implement database architecture that scale to meet business needs.
- Acts as technical support for network and systems issues
- Collaborate closely with Business Analysts and Process Owners on requirements
- Study and research trends and new/improving/changing technologies regarding software development, programming standards, application architecture, business processes, and functional areas for application
- Learn and adapt to new programming languages, methodologies, platforms and frameworks to support the needs of the organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of HTML and CSS experience
- Experience with APIs (Application Programming Interface)
- Ability to perform assigned software development tasks using established standards and procedures with minimal supervision
- Ability to relate to and develop solutions that improve the end-user experience
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Advanced experience developing API plug-ins
- Intermediate experience developing SQL databases with web interfaces
- Ability to show previous developments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $25.63 to $45.72. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.