Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as watercooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
Summary: During the months of July to October Spirit Halloween opens/operates over a 1,350 temporary stores in US and Canada. The Senior Real Estate Manager is responsible for securing the Company's temporary real estate portfolio in the assigned territory, implementation of the real estate market strategy and manages deal flow to achieve the plan. Securing Real Estate for the number one Halloween retailer in the country starts November 1st.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide oversight and management of temporary Halloween stores opening processes, including timely verifying business points on all deals and executing LOI's/Temporary leases, to ensure delivery of new stores.
- Implementation of the market strategy to ensure the ideal store deployment for that season as well as the optimal balance between occupancy cost, store count and sales potential.
- Manage landlords, developers, and third-party broker/vendor relationships. Ensure productive and effective relationships with internal departments as well as a strong partnership with the store operations team.
- Deal directly with developers and/or brokers and Landlords in order to ensure the best possible leasing terms while maintaining and excellent business relationship.
- Maintain excellent records of past deals to ensure that knowledge/information can be called on to better future positioning and deals.
- Address and resolve questions and challenges from developers and property managers regarding our stores and resolve any problems.
- Travel to meet with developers, property managers, gain market knowledge and attend local deal making meetings.
- Assist the field team with various store related issues and act as support in resolving maintenance matters, zoning compliance, etc.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good computer experience (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook),
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Regional knowledge of Strip center real estate.
- Strong relationships in Retail Real Estate Industry
- Strong analytical and negotiations skills
- Experience to be able to perform job duties without waiting for guidance.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently from a remote office.
- Ability to travel frequently (must have valid Driver's license and access to airport)
- Temporary lease experience
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.