EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
This position will work closely with various members of the Origination and Power Marketing team to support the group’s Origination and Power Marketing activities. The candidate will be responsible for marketing EDF Renewable Energy’s wind, solar, storage and other projects to existing clients and actively developing new clients. The position will additionally be responsible for successfully negotiating the terms of agreements for various offtake structures, including PPAs, DBS transactions, virtual PPAs, and alternative offtake arrangements. The job holder will be responsible to coordinate with Valuation and Analytics, Regional Development teams, Project Management, Asset Management, and Operations & Management on projects, products, and pricing, as well as strategic direction and competitive issues facing the Company. These issues may involve working with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business and will require evaluating fundamental issues and in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the Company’s goals.
The job holder will be expected to know and understand regional RTOs/ISOs or other regulatory entities across regions, as well as to represent the company in all local, regional and national market and industry forums.
It is preferred that the job holder will be located in an existing EDF Renewables office.
- Support various Origination and Power Marketing team members.
- Execute the Origination strategy and business plan for securing renewable energy sales.
- Initiate bilateral contract relationships and negotiations with potential offtakers.
- Review and evaluate requests for bids (RFPs/RFIs) within the region and work with the team to respond with proposals, pricing, term sheets, issues lists, redlined definitive documents, etc sufficient to engage the end user and start the negotiation process.
- Negotiate and close definitive documents with offtakers, including PPAs, DBS, virtual PPAs, and other agreements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business leaders and utility executives among EDFR’s identified key customers.
- Provide market intelligence feedback to EDFR’s GSP Development team and VP, Strategic Initiatives to inform EDFR’s development and acquisition strategy.
- Work successfully with Development, Valuation and Analytics, Transmission Services, Project Finance, Asset Management, Legal and Implementation, as necessary.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned
Supervision of Others:
No Direct Reports
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or similar discipline. A graduate degree is preferred.
2-5 years of experience in US power finance, trading, origination, sales & marketing, or comparable experience is required. Wind or solar development or power marketing experience is preferred. Previous experience working in a commercial negotiation environment with excellent customer-focused, commercial management, negotiation and influencing skills, is required.
- Unparalleled honesty and integrity.
- Requires intimate knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics. Preference for wind or solar experience in US competitive wholesale electricity markets including MISO, SPP and PJM as well as vertically integrated markets.
- Requires the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
- Experience negotiating and closing power and/or renewable energy deals is required.
- Skills and knowledge with a combination of renewable energy technologies is required.
- Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication and organizational skills is required.
- Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to new circumstances in a dynamic environment.
- Successfully operating in a geographically dispersed organization is a plus.
- Strong personal relationships and reputation in the power and/or renewable energy industry.
Physical Requirements - Working Conditions:
Approximately 50% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs, Salesforce, etc), phones, and general office equipment. Approximately 50% of time is spent outside of the office with customers, negotiating and closing transactions, and attending various industry conferences and meetings.
The employee must work within the budget constraints as authorized by the Executive Team; while successfully following all policies and procedures related to employees’ fiscal responsibilities in doing the day-to-day job.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.